Monday, April 25, 2011

Scuba Is More Than A Sport

For more than 45 years I have spent time doing one or more sports.  I have been a competitive swimmer, bowler, golfer and runner.  I’ve played football, basketball & hockey.  I’ve gone fishing, hunting, shooting & camping.  I wanted to drive a stock car but my older brother loved me too much to let me behind the wheel of his car (that’s what he said).  I ride a motorcycle just for the fun of it.

A few years ago I picked up what I thought would be another sport.  How wrong I was.  Scuba diving is not just another sport, it is an adventure of the most amazing kind.  It has taken me places I would not have been able to go.  I have learned new skills & met new friends.  I have captured lobster & shot a few lionfish (more on that later).  The Lord may have changed who I am; diving has transformed much of my time & certainly my wallet.  And yet I am forever grateful to my wife & God that I discovered this wonderful underwater world.

This blog marks a time for me to record my adventures & share some thoughts for no real reason other than I want to brag a little & remember some of my exploits.  I hope those who may one day stumble on these ramblings will enjoy them as much as I hope to enjoy writing them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment